Convio, Inc. (“Convio” or “we”) provides various services to nonprofit entities and other related businesses (“Clients”), including constituent relationship management (“CRM”) software, email marketing and fundraising software, content management systems (“CMS”), online marketing services and other related professional services. Convio does not provide or market its services directly to consumers or individuals.
Registering with us allows you to take advantage of all of our unique offerings, including reports on critical developments affecting the world of philanthropy and nonprofits, articles, ideas and insights on use of mobile, digital and social technology to enhance fundraising, volunteerism, advocacy, direct mail and other constituent engagement activities, for nonprofits. The information can include, but is not limited to, technology and operational best practices, tips and strategies from your peers working at other nonprofits and industry and Convio experts, tips on how to get the most out of technology, and announcements of new Convio software releases, solutions and/or related services from Convio and our partners.
- Personal Data Received from the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA)
- Data We Collect From Visitors to Convio Sites and From Our Clients
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your Personal Data
- How we take care of corrections/updates to Personal Data stored in our systems
- Our use of online surveys
- The kinds of security procedures we use to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data under our control
- How we enforce compliance with this Policy
Terms Used in This Policy
“Client Data” means information that Convio collects or receives directly from its own business Clients via the Convio Sites, including data of prospective clients.
“Financial Data” means data containing credit card numbers, bank account information or account information for online payment systems such as Paypal or Amazon.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Data Subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
“Website Data” means Personal and non-Personal Data collected or submitted on Convio’s Sites.
Personal Data Received from the EU/EEA
Convio handles Personal Data transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) in accordance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Principles (collectively, the “Principles”). Some of this data is collected via our Sites and some of it is received by Convio as a result of its provision of services to its Clients. This Policy covers how we handle data we receive via our Sites and directly from our Clients.
Convio complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union. Information regarding the E.U. Safe Harbor Framework can be found at: http://export.gov/safeharbor.
Data Not Covered by this Policy
Data We Collect From Visitors to Convio Sites and From Our Clients
Contact and Profile Information
Our online registration forms require users to provide contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. text), address, interests, and similar information. We use contact information listed on Convio registration forms to send information the Site visitor requests.
Convio is a business-to-business (B2B entity) and does not seek to obtain Personal Data about consumers. Nevertheless, if Convio receives Personal Data (which may be submitted by visitors to its Sites or through other means), it processes such data only for purposes specified in this Policy or for purposes otherwise authorized by the individual to whom the Personal Data relates.
Convio collects, uses and discloses Website Data for various purposes. For example:
- We require contact and other information to add registrants to our mailing lists and create registrant profiles.
- We collect contact information such as names, mailing addresses and email addresses, and Financial Data such as credit/debit card information and online payment service information (for example, PayPal) from our Clients or prospective clients. We may use such information internally or share such information with third parties (whom we hire to perform certain tasks) for various purposes such as:
- for marketing or promotional purposes - for example, to offer our products and services, or upgrades/updates to our products or services, or different products and services;
- to provide our products and services, for credit card authorization and verification, to bill for our products and services, to communicate with Clients concerning their accounts, and for other customer service, authorization, account history and billing purposes;
- to ask for participation in surveys;
- to provide news and newsletters, special offers, promotions and targeted advertising; or
- to better understand how Clients and others access and use our products and services, including our Sites and advertising, on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our products and services, and to respond to Client desires and preferences.
- We may also collect demographic and profile data (e.g., age, gender and income level) to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and/or to customize a Site’s content, layout, and services.
- We may share demographic, profile and/or transaction data with advertisers or other third parties, but on an aggregated basis.
- For example, we may share aggregate information regarding purchases and usage of our software products as necessary for the purpose of our making royalty or other payments to third parties or for analysis, marketing or other purposes.
- We may share Website and/or Client Data with third parties for the purpose of facilitating the marketing or delivery of (i) Convio products and services and/or (ii) any related third party services.
By visiting our Sites or submitting information to us, you consent to the uses and disclosures listed above.
Internet Protocol Address
IP addresses are collected from all computers that visit our Sites. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Sites, analyze trends, track Site visitors’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Sites, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to Personal Data.
Information from Children
Our Sites are directed to adults and usage by children is not intended. We do not seek to collect Personal Data about children through our Sites. If a child submits Personal Data to us on one or more of our Sites, and we know that the individual submitting the information is a child, we delete such information.
Use of "Cookies"
Your browser might be set to accept cookies. If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter a setting on your browser to block cookies. If you choose to do so, though, please be aware that some areas of our Sites may not function properly when you view them.
If you access our Sites from the EU, you should be aware that the EU e-Privacy Directive was recently revised so that users of a website must now consent to some cookies being placed on their computers. The law is evolving in this area, and browser manufacturers are working on enhanced browser settings. In the meantime, Convio is exploring methods of obtaining consent to certain cookies, such as through pop-up notices and/or its Terms of Service.
Convio provides its Clients and prospective clients with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. If we have contacted you via email and you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us, you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails and follow the instructions. Your email address will be promptly removed from our email marketing database. Please note that we may still use email addresses for non-marketing purposes such as customer service purposes.
If you believe that your Personal Data is in our possession, you can always modify or delete it. To make any such changes, email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We may conduct occasional online surveys via our website or via an email newsletter. These surveys are entirely voluntary and recipients may easily decline to participate.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are visiting another website for which Convio has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Financial Data transmitted through Convio’s system is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets a Web browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before it is sent to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure. Since no data security measures are 100% foolproof, Convio cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted or stored via our software and systems.
As explained above, if Convio receives Personal Data, it processes it in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purposes for which it was collected. Convio also takes reasonable steps to ensure that Client and Website Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
As set out in the Principles, our adherence to the Principles may be limited to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
Convio uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this Policy and periodically verifies that the policy is accurate, prominently displayed, completely implemented and accessible. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns by contacting us (see contact information below). We will attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding our uses and disclosures of Personal Data. If a complaint or dispute regarding our handling of Personal Data cannot be resolved through our internal processes, we agree to dispute resolution using TRUSTe.
Convio participates in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce. As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor Framework, we have agreed to the TRUSTe Dispute Resolution Requirements for disputes relating to our compliance with such Framework. If you have complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may raise your complaint by contacting TRUSTe by fax at 415-520-3420, or mail at Watchdog Complaints, TRUSTe, 55 2nd Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, USA 94105.
If you are faxing or mailing TRUSTe to lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of the company related to your complaint, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. For information about TRUSTe or the operation of TRUSTe’s dispute resolution process, please visit TRUSTe or request this information from TRUSTe at the address listed above. The TRUSTe dispute resolution process shall be conducted in English.
For human resources data, we have agreed to cooperate with European Data Protection Authorities.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the data practices (including without limitation compliance with data privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, or enforcement) of a hosted online OnBoarding software customer, or partner for whom Convio processes data, should be addressed to that customer or partner.
If you have any questions about this Policy, our information collection practices, or your dealings with Convio, you can contact:
Chief Security Officer
11501 Domain Drive
Austin, TX 78758
888-528-9501 Toll-free Phone