Convio Launches Luminate™, Constituent Engagement Solution for Nonprofits
Innovative and Powerful Solution Offers Enterprise Nonprofits An Open, Extensible System to Fully Understand and Engage Constituents Through any Channel – Traditional, Digital, Social or Mobile
Austin, Texas (July 25, 2011) —
Convio, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNVO) announced today Luminate™, an innovative new cloud-based constituent engagement solution for the nonprofit market. Luminate combines Convio’s highly successful online fundraising suite with the world’s most proven CRM platform and leading analytics technologies and expertise to meet the complex needs of large, enterprise nonprofits. Luminate offers an open, extensible, cloud-based constituent engagement solution that allows nonprofits to analyze and cultivate relationships with donors, advocates and other constituents. This enables organizations to design tailored, integrated, multi-channel campaigns and interactions that are beneficial to both the mission and the individual supporter.
“The introduction of Luminate in the nonprofit marketplace signals a fundamental shift in the way enterprise nonprofits engage with their constituents,” said Julie Butcher, chief information officer, National Multiple Sclerosis Society of the United States. “In today’s connected world, donors, advocates, volunteers and other constituents engage with the nonprofits through many channels - traditional, digital and social. Luminate is designed to integrate direct mail, face-to-face and other traditional direct channels with online, mobile and social, as well as analyze and report results more cost-effectively and efficiently. Luminate eliminates the need for multiple databases, provides access to real-time information across the organization and integrates online and offline channels. With Luminate nonprofit professionals can focus on their mission, relationships and results instead of worrying about technology.”
Luminate serves as the central constituent engagement solution helping nonprofits meet their most urgent needs for integrated, multi-channel engagement today – while supporting nonprofits’ next decade of growth. With Luminate, nonprofits can deepen constituent relationships by better anticipating needs, interests and passions, and providing relevant interactions and opportunities for participation. Additionally, as the central repository for an organization’s data, nonprofits no longer need to manage separate databases for donors, volunteers, advocates and other constituents or have separate databases for engagement channels such as online, direct mail and face-to-face. By combining databases into one single solution, and integrating traditional, digital and social channels, organizations can more accurately analyze and assess all interactions with donors, advocates and volunteers to increase their return on investment in technology, campaigns and people. By improving constituent engagement, nonprofits can improve fundraising, develop more passionate advocates, fashion more committed volunteers and streamline operations.
Luminate is comprised of two core suites: Luminate Online™, which includes email marketing, fundraising advocacy and events; and Luminate CRM™, which includes robust campaign management, moves management, direct marketing capabilities and business intelligence and analytics.
Luminate Online™ Suite: Leverages the next generation of Convio’s industry-leading online marketing, fundraising and advocacy suite to provide a proven and powerful platform for online engagement. Luminate Online furthers Convio’s position as an online pioneer and provider of powerful and extensible applications for enterprise nonprofits to engage constituents through integrated campaigns that bridge traditional channels with the new world of digital, social and mobile to match constituents with the right message and treatment at the right time.
- Email Marketing: Provides nonprofits fully integrated tools to drive membership, increase donations, raise awareness or improve volunteer participation. Email marketing and newsletter software helps organizations reach new and existing constituents and move them to participate at higher rates. Quickly create and send personalized, interactive emails; create templates with organization’s branding; personalize content based on constituent profiles.
- Fundraising: Delivers the online capabilities organizations need to raise money online and increase membership revenue. Easily setup fundraising campaigns; quickly build donations forms; create gift options to match donor preferences; improve performance with comprehensive reporting and analysis.
- Online Advocacy: Use the Internet to mobilize people quickly around the issues most important to an organization. Helps grow an organization’s activist base through website and social channels, and by giving activists tools for sharing information with friends and family. Create and publish action alerts to an organization’s website and send compelling email messages to constituents to inspire them to take action.
- Events: TeamRaiser™ is an advanced online event fundraising software solution for tapping into the personal networks of an organization’s strongest supporters and mobilizing volunteers over the Internet. For special event fundraising, Convio TeamRaiser powers almost 70 percent of online funds raised by the nation’s 30 largest fundraising walks, runs and rides.
Luminate CRM™ Suite: Leverages the world’s leading CRM platform, Force.com from Salesforce.com, to provide a new, powerful and extensible CRM suite that allows a nonprofit to consolidate information and business processes into one system, ultimately helping save time and money.
- Campaign Management: Plan and execute one-time or ongoing campaigns that include multiple online and offline channels. Manage every aspect of the campaign, including timing of interactions with constituents and personalized messages by channel and by constituent behavior.
- Constituent Relations: Know all your constituents in your database – channel preferences; de-duplication of multiple entries for one person multiple emails per person and household/office relationships for more personalized, deliberate and effective engagement.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: Apply knowledge about constituent interests and behaviors to any activity (fundraising, advocacy, event participation, etc). Analytics and business intelligence will help organizations effectively attract new constituents, retain existing ones, reactivate lapsed supporters, and nurture existing relationships to higher levels of engagement.
Luminate™ is not just technology. Convio provides a passionate and experienced team to partner with a nonprofit’s professional staff to plan, execute and evaluate strategies for acquiring, engaging and retaining constituents across the organization.
- Integrated Strategy:Use data, experience and proven practices to help define priorities and goals, as well as analyze and measure success through multi-channel campaigns that support organizational objectives.
- Campaign Management: Plan and execute one-time or ongoing campaigns that include multiple online and offline channels. Services include campaign strategy, database segmentation, customized asks and offers based on donor behaviors. Creative design, email and web page production and testing as well as reporting and analysis and project management are also available.
- Data Analytics: Luminate data analytics services help nonprofits apply knowledge about constituent interests and behaviors to fundraising activities — helping more effectively attract new constituents, retain existing ones, reactivate lapsed supporters, and nurture relationships to higher levels of engagement. Whether it is comprehensive analytical support or a one-time predictive modeling solution to improve fundraising campaigns, Luminate offers tailored data analytics services.
Changing Nonprofit Landscape
“Luminate is intended to be a game changer in the sector as we shift from more traditional forms of engagement to a combination of traditional, digital and social,” said Gene Austin, president and CEO of Convio. “Like the for-profit sector, nonprofits need to see the entire picture, they need to be able to analyze data across all channels and look forward to better predict giving and other engagement levels. Luminate allows nonprofits to make more informed decisions, to create more compelling campaigns, to engage their constituents in more profound and moving ways. We want to make the nonprofit professional’s life easier, so they can focus more time and energy on their mission.”
The nonprofit sector is in a period of evolution. In the last five years, donors have migrated from primarily engaging with nonprofits through direct mail to engaging with nonprofits through a variety of different channels – direct mail (traditional), digital, social and mobile — and often the channel dictates the purpose of the engagement (fundraising, advocacy, education, etc).
Luminate brings together technology and expertise to support the changing needs of donors, volunteers, advocates and other constituents by providing a powerful solution that allows enterprise-level nonprofits the ability to better understand and engage all their constituents in a well-planned, strategic way across any and all channels. Moreover, Luminate provides powerful and insightful, predictive analytics tools that will help nonprofits to more accurately forecast future campaigns and initiatives.
“Luminate is designed to help nonprofit professionals maximize the value of every relationship,” added Austin.
Luminate will be available in August 2011.
Media seeking more information on Luminate can visit: www.convio.com/luminatemedia
Nonprofit professionals wishing to learn more can visit: www.convio.com/luminate
Convio is a leading provider of on-demand constituent engagement solutions that enable nonprofit organizations to maximize the value of every relationship. With Convio constituent engagement solutions, nonprofits can more effectively raise funds, advocate for change and cultivate relationships with donors, activists, volunteers, event participants, alumni and other constituents. Convio offers two open, cloud-based constituent engagement solutions: Convio Common Ground CRM™ for small- and mid-sized nonprofits and Convio Luminate™ for enterprise nonprofits. Headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices across the United States and United Kingdom, Convio serves more than 1,500 nonprofit organizations globally. Convio is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol CNVO.
For more information: www.convio.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements intended to convey expectations as to the future based on plans, estimates and projections. In particular, this press release contains forward-looking statements regarding Convio products and services, their respective functional value and design, analytics technology and other cloud-computing technologies, the benefits thereof, the impact on the nonprofit market and the ability of nonprofit organizations and their constituents to utilize, leverage and benefit our solutions. Future events might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based and a variety of risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in this press release including, among others: risks related to continued development and deployment of Luminate; the potential that our solutions do not operate as designed or deliver the intended benefits to our clients; technological problems; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; and risks related to our use of the Force.com platform. Other risks that could impact our business adversely are those risks generally associated with competitors and alternative product and service offerings, intellectual property infringement claims and other litigation; reliance on certain third-parties, such as Salesforce.com, Amazon EC3 and other hosting facilities, software and application providers; and legislative actions which could limit our ability to provide our products and services, reduce the effectiveness of our solutions and increase the costs of our business. These factors and other risks and uncertainties are described in more detail, from time to time, in Convio’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission which are available free of charge at www.sec.gov or on our website at www.convio.com/investor. Should one or more of these risks materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Convio does not undertake to update or revise any of these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Director, Corporate Communications