5 Facts to Empower Your Next Mobile Campaign
by Lauren Brekke, Marketing Specialist, mGive
As Sir Francis Bacon says, “knowledge is power.” In that case, we have five pieces of mobile knowledge to empower your 2012 mGive campaign – whether communication, engagement or donation-based.
And, all in 160 text-friendly characters or less!
- Mobile is attractive – plain and simple. Donors enjoy mobile campaigns because they’re intimate, immediate and convenient.
- Texting is an open invitation to communication. 34% of respondents would like to receive multiple text messages a month from organizations of their choosing.
- Mobile giving is complementary to alternative giving channels. When giving by mobile, 79% of respondents also said they would give via other giving channels.
- Micro-donations = BIG impact. After giving a small mobile donation, 86% of respondents said they would give bigger donations via other channels.
- Donors prefer to give to multiple organizations. Philanthropy is contagious. 62% of respondents indicated they give to two or more organizations via mobile.
These five pieces of mobile knowledge are compliments of the the “Text Giving Donor Survey Report.” Get the full report here.
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555 (message & data rates may apply). mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology. As the leading mobile provider for nonprofits, mGive has served over 500 clients to-date.