World Wildlife Fund
"Convio has completely changed our constituent engagement efforts. We are now able to customize content — from suggested donation amounts to images and copy — to boost response rates, generate more revenue, and increase the lifetime value of a supporter. In addition, access to Convio's Interactive Services gives us the help we need when we're too busy to do everything ourselves."
- Jessica Fraser Sotelo, Manager of Online Marketing, World Wildlife Fund
About World Wildlife Fund
For nearly 50 years, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has been protecting the future of nature. The largest multinational conservation organization in the world, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
- WWF wanted to move away from several individual tools to an integrated online platform that could support its advocacy and fundraising initiatives, and synchronize with its offline database.
- Unable to create donation forms and update website content without the technical assistance of WWF's web team, WWF wanted the ability to create forms and campaigns easily with content that was targeted to the recipient.
- WWF emphasizes sustained giving donations in many of its online marketing efforts. However, bank acquisitions and industry consolidation are just two of several issues that pose challenges when a donor’s credit card is impacted.
WWF selected Convio's integrated solution to meet all of its online constituent communication needs.
- Convio Email Marketing to create multi-series email campaigns that allow WWF to stay top-of-mind and prompt supporters to take the desired action.
- Convio Fundraising to create dynamic ask strings based on a donor's giving history and use conditionalized content to present targeted messaging and content based on supporters' interests.
- Convio Advocacy to enable non-technical employees to create advocacy campaigns — and integrate them with fundraising campaigns — easily and quickly.
- Convio Personal Fundraising to give constituents a set of online tools that enable them to quickly and easily create tribute websites that allow them to raise funds and drive support through their own personal networks.
- Able to more closely monitor and optimize their sustained giving donations with Convio’s new sustained giving credit card features
- Boosted holiday giving campaign results by adding a deadline in the call to action; sending a reminder email the day before the deadline led to a 55 percent boost in revenue
- Emailed sustaining donors and asked them to update their expiring credit card on file; five percent responded by using Convio's self-serve online Gift Service Center to update their credit card information
- Launched a multi-series renewal campaign in which the second email in the series led to a 79 percent increase in revenue