United Way of Lake County
"Convio Personal Fundraising helped us to fully realize the power of peer-to-peer to spread the word about our campaign, and tap into the personal networks of our four team champions to raise more than $16,000 in five days. By the end of the ‘Page it Forward’ campaign, we had collected 154,489 books, exceeding our goal by more than 50 percent."
- Valerie Petersen, Marketing Communications Associate, United Way of Lake County
About United Way of Lake County
United Way of Lake County (UWLC) is preparing our children to succeed in a changing world by focusing on education and building safe and stable families. UWLC focuses on four key educational programs: Success By 6 Program—prepare for kindergarten; Reading Success Program—read at grade level; Stay in School Program—graduate high school; and the Safe and Stable Families Program—empowering families. UWLC is overcoming reading and educational barriers by reaching children, from preschool through high school, through these key programs. The overall effect and benefits are multiplied by the strong collaboration with agencies and UWLC’s community partners.
- In many areas of Lake County, 75% of incoming kindergartners had no knowledge of books
- The goal was to give 100,000 books to low-income children in Lake County via a summer-long celebration of reading
- United Way of Lake County teamed up with a local book bank to create "Page it Forward: Lake County's Biggest Book Drive"
- Launched a multi-channel campaign which incorporated email, direct mail, mobile giving and social media to put a contemporary twist on the traditional book drive concept
- Used Convio Personal Fundraising to allow one UWLC employee to raise money from friends and family; the individual collected $2,000 in 24 hours
- Created a follow-on personal fundraising campaign that raised more than $16,000 in five 24-hour periods
- Collected more than 154,000 books over the course of the campaign, exceeding their target by more than 50 percent