Side by Side Kids
"Convio’s customer service is the best I have ever seen from a software company. Whenever I talk to other organizations looking at Common Ground, I always mention the great customer support."
- Silvestre Guzman, Executive Director, Side by Side Kids
About Side by Side Kids
Side by Side Kids is a faith-based, afterschool and mentoring program anchored in an underserved Austin neighborhood. The organization is so-named because it journeys side-by-side with kids from kindergarten to high school, encouraging and equipping them to reach their potential as the leaders of tomorrow.
- Economic crisis and loss of key funding caused Side by Side Kids to prioritize a renewed focus on rebuilding the organization's support
- Severe weakness in outreach by using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge
- Staff turnover with current system caused frustration and confusion within the organization, as the staff had not received sufficient training on the software keeping the organization from actually using it effectively
- Common Ground featured a highly intuitive user experience which would mean minimal training requirements for the non-technical staff
- Modern, web-based design creating ease of use for the organization
- As an internet based system, Common Ground did not have to be installed and managed in-house representing a large gain in efficiency for the organization
- Excellent customer service has been a significant advantage for the organization in getting comfortable with the system
- The product is constantly evolving keeping the organization in tune with today’s technology and laser-focused on their constituents
- The organization now has the ability to offer self-serveice features to volunteers enabling them to update their information directly on the web and creating a large advantage for them
- Common Ground is utilized more than just donor data, Side by Side Kids now has everything stored in the same place like volunteer information, project data, tracking demographics, etc.