Project On Goverment Oversight
"Convio is about more than just software. It is about learning and implementing best practices that are proven, and testing new methods to advance our mission."
- Pam Rutter, Web Manager, Project On Goverment Oversight
About Project On Goverment Oversight
Founded in 1981, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that champions good government reforms. POGO’s investigations into corruption, misconduct, and conflicts of interest achieve a more effective, accountable, open, and ethical federal government.
- Struggled to store, access and report on the ever-growing amount of information they were collecting on their constituents
- Other challenges spanned across a website that was not visually appealing nor engaging and nurturing thousands of followers
- 800-pages of SEC documents needed to be shared in a user friendly way for viewers
- Selected Convio Luminate CRM™ to document constituent activities and communication, streamline the organization’s grant-tracking activities, assist with event preparation, and prospect for donors
- Used Convio Luminate CRM to consolidate five years of constituent data from various sources
- Engaged with the Convio User Experience team to refresh its homepage design and wrapper
- Leveraged Convio Facebook API so constituents could donate or sign-up for emails without leaving Facebook
- Website visits rose by 40 percent within three months
- Grew its housefile from 4,500 to 13,000 using a multi-channel approach, which included organic growth, list acquisition, action campaigns and social media
- Boosted response rates of action alerts from 1 percent to now an average of 17 percent
- Consolidated six spreadsheets by using Convio Luminate CRM