"Working with Convio as our partner has allowed us to raise 13% of our annual revenues online and have access to a virtual 'think tank' with other nonprofit organizations. As Convio releases new products, we pick up ideas from Convio’s other nonprofit clients that are useful in our own fundraising strategies. Engaging our members through multiple channels yields higher participation rates: members that we engage online donate 25% more often than our other donors."
- Michal Heiplik, Director of Membership, HoustonPBS
HoustonPBS was America's first public television station and was one of the founding stations of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) in 1969. The organization serves to empower, engage and enrich the lives of the people of Southeast Texas by providing a varied schedule of national Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) programming; award-winning locally produced programming; college courses; and select acquired programs. The organization’s facility is also a site for town hall meetings, national videoconference broadcasts, and a variety of innovative community educational and outreach programs. HoustonPBS is supported primarily by viewer contributions with additional money coming from grants, special events and corporate sponsorships.
- Finding a cost-effective way to communicate with and engage members and donors
- Capability to solicit, accept and securely process donations online
- Ability to allow multiple departments to publish Web content in a prompt and efficient manner that minimized the impact of staff turnover
- Tailoring the member experience based on actual data
- Convio Email Marketing that provides automated workflow for cross-collaboration, optimized email delivery with spam testing, A/B (split list) testing, and campaign-based email configuration
- Convio Web Content Management to allow multiple departments to easily update the organization’s Web site
- Convio Data Integration Services (DataSync) and Convio Connector to synchronize offline and online member data
- Convio eCommerce to manage merchandise sales and provide an additional channel to support the organization’s programs and services
- In just seven years, grew online constituents by more than 400%, increasing its email file of active members from 1,200 email addresses to nearly 50,000
- Increased online revenue from just $1,090 in 2001 to nearly $449,000 in the first half of 2008 through file building techniques, campaign integration and multi-channel giving approaches
- Since 2001, raised more than $1.9 million online, accounting for 13% of its total annual revenue
- Members that HoustonPBS engages online donate 25% more often than the organization’s other donors