Food Bank For New York City
"Convio was a real game changer for our organization. We get more done. Plain and simple."
- Daniel Buckley, Senior Online Communications Manager, Food Bank For New York City
About Food Bank For New York City
Food Bank of New York City is the city's major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty throughout the five boroughs. As one of the country's largest food banks, their mission is to end hunger in New York City by organizing food, information and support for community survival and dignity.
- Food Drives, although great in concept, actually cost more money than they manage to raise
- The Food Bank needed a more engaging way to solicit cash contributions in conjunction with their traditional food drive effort
- Chose Convio TeamRaiser™ to create a virtual food drive that is easy to register for and engages donors by giving them a hands-on shopping experience
- Created a peer-to-peer giving platform through the Virtual Food Drive where individuals and companies can raise cash contributions by inviting friends and family through email and social media
- TeamRaiser's flexibility and openness allowed the Food Bank to customise the donation process giving donors the experience of shopping the aisles of a virtual grocery store
- Significant increase in recruitment among individual sponsors, which traditionally was not a very active and engaged group
- Increase in participation led to a 227 percent growth in fundraising & 189 percent growth in number of gifts, comparing virtual food drive activity July-December 2011 to the same period in the previous year
- In the same date range, the average gift size rose $7.55 from the previous year
- More engaging website helped attract an additional title sponsorship that more than paid for the tool itself