East-West Ministries International | Convio
East-West Ministries International
"Although we believed that online and offline campaigns should be mutually reinforcing, we didn't have the infrastructure in place to make this a reality. Now with Convio, we are able to create and execute a multi-channel marketing strategy that includes email, direct mail, and events. Our average online gift is $337, our email house file has grown three fold in less than two years, and our online donations have increased from $125,000 in 2006 to more than $331,000 in 2007."
- Barry Durman, Vice President Marketing, East-West Ministries International
About East-West Ministries International
East-West Ministries International (East-West) exists to evangelize and equip nationals to establish grace-oriented churches. Their goal is that the leaders they train and the churches they help plant and develop be doctrinally sound, grace-oriented, spiritually thriving, and multiplying. Since 2002, East-West has introduced the Gospel to more than 3 million people, worked in 30 countries with unreached people groups, trained more than 75,000 nationals for Bible work and leadership, and opened more than 1,000 churches.
- Had limited online capabilities, which made it difficult to engage constituents effectively via the Internet
- With its static Web site, East-West was unable to promote online interactions with visitors and constituents
- Could accept donations online using PayPal®, but in the absence of any online outreach strategy, funds raised were minimal
- Needed to segment its list for tailored communications to two major audiences: high net-worth core supporters primarily in the Dallas area, and other donors around the country.
- Had broader goals of growing its house file and increasing constituent engagement via the Internet, both of which highlighted the organization's need for an interactive online solution
- Convio Email to launch weekly devotional emails and a monthly email newsletter that contains a soft ask (both of which complement a quarterly offline direct mail newsletter);
- Convio Fundraising to process donations made in support of the expensive, yet critical, activities of 70+ missionaries in the field at any given time; and
- Convio TeamRaiser™ to support applications, acceptance, fundraising and team communications for short-term mission trips.
- Went live on Convio December 15, 2006 and raised $45,000 online in the last two weeks of the year (a significant increase from the $69,000 raised online during the first 50 weeks of the year)
- Raised a total of $331,000 online in 2007 — well over double the amount raised online in 2006
- Received 918 donations online, with an average gift size of $337 in 2007
- Grew its house file by 365% (from 1,426 to 5,218 email addresses)
- Sent an emergency appeal to 4,039 people in May 2008, which yielded 28 online gifts that totaled $15,385 in less than 24 hours