"We see a difference in our fundraising numbers on a weekly basis, in comparison to previous campaigns before Common Ground. Every week there’s someone donating and that never happened before. Thanks to Common Ground, our mission is getting out."
- Sedessia Spivey, Business Consultant, CHOICES
The Center Helping Obesity in Children End Successfully, also known as CHOICES, is a grassroots organization whose mission is to fight against the deadly epidemic of childhood obesity. The Center aims to spread awareness and provides a parent and child resource center for the clinically diagnosed and at-risk children of obesity. By promoting weight management and lifestyle changes through nutrition education, peer socialization, physical activity and community involvement, CHOICES hopes to significantly reduce the presence of childhood obesity in their communities.
- Constituent contact information was spread across multiple spreadsheets and custom databases
- Staff spent valuable time searching for information and creating time-consuming custom reports
- Unable to maintain their growing list in a manual system
- Difficulty in managing volunteers and tracking their hours
- Common Ground consolidated all of the organization's constituent data into one seamless database
- Volunteers can now learn the system quickly, access necessary information via the web, and help the group be more productive
- Funders now have visiblity into total volunteer hours track by program and staff can use this information to plan future activities and capacity
- Donors have given over $13,000 online since implementing Common Ground
- 10-15% of staff time was freed up by consolidating into one database, the equivalent of hiring an additional part-time employee for $30K annually
- 5 hours of complex reporting after an event is now saved through the flexibility and ease of Common Ground