Chicago Public Radio (WBEZ)
"Convio helps us reach our listeners regularly, develop stronger relationships with them through online communications and convert them into donors/members in support of our station."
- Wendy Turner, director of on-air and online fundraising, Chicago Public Radio (WBEZ)
About Chicago Public Radio (WBEZ)
Each week, Chicago Public Radio offers more than 560,000 listeners a wide variety of programs — from news and public affairs to music and arts. Supported by contributing listeners, the station produces such programming as Eight Forty-Eight, Schadenfreude, Performance Space, Stories on Stage and Worldview, and broadcasts a wide array of jazz, blues and world music. Chicago Public Radio is the home of three nationally syndicated programs including the Peabody award winning This American Life with Ira Glass, Odyssey and Wait, Wait… Don't Tell Me!, which is co-produced with NPR.
- Did not communicate regularly online with members
- Needed a way to drive donations from new members
- Sought an online solution for gathering more information about its listeners and communicating regularly with them to convert them to loyal donors
- Chose Convio for email marketing, online fundraising, event management and online surveys
- Sends regular email newsletters to its donors/members to keep them updated and involved with the station
- Creates and sends online fundraising campaigns
- Grew list of email addresses from 18,000 to 35,000
- Grew online donations more than 150% in 2003 compared with 2002 (exclusive of pledge drives)
- Raised $32,000, primarily from new donors, in two-week online fundraising campaign
- In eight months, raised about 10 times in online donations what it paid for Convio in a year