American Nurses Association
"The Convio solution enables us to respond quickly to an issue. Compared to the speed at which we could react before, it’s night and day."
- Michelle Artz, Chief Associate Director; Government Affairs, American Nurses Association
About American Nurses Association
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the only full-service professional organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent and state nurses associations and its organizational affiliates. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting the rights of nurses in the workplace, projecting a positive and realistic view of nursing, and by lobbying the Congress and regulatory agencies on health care issues affecting nurses and the public.
- ANA was using an online political action committee (PAC) and grassroots solution that lacked the features needed to support the organization’s advocacy efforts—present and future.
- ANA lacked the ability to test messages and deliver them in formats that people could read.
- On the back end, only one or two individuals on ANA’s grassroots team knew how to create workarounds within the system to accomplish their goals, but the end result was time-consuming and lacked visual appeal.
- Through the Convio solution, ANA increased the sophistication of its grassroots efforts, improving its ability to segment and target its audience of members and non-members more effectively using conditionalized content.
- Engaged different segments of ANA’s audience in healthcare reform, and encouraged them to participate in calls with the Administration and take various actions.
- Integrated social media into its grassroots efforts to attract younger members.
- In partnership with Charity Dynamics, who provides strategic guidance and implementation for ANA’s grassroots efforts, ANA has successfully executed numerous advocacy campaigns around issues that matter to nurses.
- Using Convio to track RSVPs for a conference call with the Administration, ANA was able to allow registered attendees to submit questions in advance of the calls, ANA created a valuable dialogue between the White House and ANA’s audience. This enabled ANA to become more sophisticated in their communications later on as they engaged those individuals in further grassroots outreach.
- ANA is drawing people in with high-quality and relevant content, sharing valuable information, and making nurses realize why they should care about certain issues.