American Diabetes Association
"Convio provides ADA with a way to understand the unique needs of individual constituents, and helps us enrich their online experience."
- Dr. David Nickelson, Director, Internet Strategy & Operations, American Diabetes Association
About American Diabetes Association
Founded in 1940, ADA is the nation's leading 501(C)3 nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy, conducting programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The mission of the Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. To fulfill this mission, the ADA funds research, publishes scientific findings, provides information and other services to people with diabetes, their families, health professionals and the public. ADA is also actively involved in advocating for scientific research and for the rights of people with diabetes.
Prior to selecting Convio, the ADA developed its own online tools that did not offer the functionality, efficiency or scalability that the ADA needed to manage constituent relationships across its programs.
To grow these programs, the ADA sought to increase event participation and revenue; develop ways to reach a younger audience for its walk and bicycling fundraising events; and better leverage the organization’s online capabilities to manage multiple fundraising events and activists across the country.
Convio's integrated eCRM tools allowed ADA to create a robust online marketing program for its events, advocacy, fundraising and marketing initiatives that would increase its capacity to recruit constituents and deepen relationships by using:
- Convio TeamRaiser™ to cultivate and mobilize ADA’s base of active volunteers by providing online registration and fostering peer-to-peer online fundraising around signature events;
- Convio DataSync to exchange and sync data from Convio’s online database to ADA’s offline database to track participation and donations;
- Convio Email Marketing to more effectively engage constituents through contributed content functionality and viral marketing;
- Convio Tributes to deepen engagement by providing tools for constituent-led fundraising; and
- Convio Advocacy to communicate with and mobilize activists to educate legislators on key issues.
- Generated over $34 million in online revenue since 2004;
- Increased online revenue 35% to $11 million in 2007, exceeding fundraising goal by $3 million;
- Grew email house file by 15% in 2007 to 739,967 constituents;
- Raised over $200,000 in online revenue from its first Gift of Hope online campaign to drive traffic to its online catalogue; and
- Engaged 82,525 advocates who have generated 857,034 messages to legislators.